I don’t usually make predictions at the start of the year. I’ve seen others do it this year and not really had the urge or clarity to do so myself, but what the hell, how hard can it be? Here goes:
- I will not be in my current job by the end of the year (not sure if this is a prediction or a promise to myself).
- I predict that several of my web sites will get additional content, and some may even have a visual makeover.
- I think that I will accomplish some of the things on my to-do list, will fail to complete many and will add far more to it than I complete.
- I believe that someone will win the lottery every week, and that the jackpot will be won almost every week. I also believe that I won’t care either way.
- In the web world, many of the leading lights will do things that will make the rest of us think: ‘Why didn’t I think of that?’ and WordPress will actually launch a new official version in December: WordPress 1.998.
- Some movies will get made and released, some of them will be worth watching. Likewise, some CDs and Books will also become available, and some of them will be worth buying.
- I will get another year older.
- It will rain, at some point, and people without umbrellas will get wet.
- There will be more political scandals (what else is there for the papers to write about?).
- World poverty will not be solved.
Check back in 12 months to see how I got on.